SFN Chapter Membership Benefits
- SFN Chapter Membership
- SFN Chapter Membership Benefits
Society for Neuroscience Winnipeg Chapter
With over 40,000 members worldwide, the Society for Neuroscience (SFN) is the largest professional organization dedicated to studying the nervous system and associated diseases. The SFN mission is to advance the understanding of the brain and nervous system through support of all levels of scientific research, to support the professional development of neuroscientists at all stages of their careers, to promote public information and general education about neuroscience, and to inform government and policymakers about neuroscience research and its societal benefits.
SFN Chapters further this mission by providing opportunities to make targeted impacts at the local and regional levels. The Winnipeg Chapter has a 30 year history as a vibrant regional chapter. The SFN Winnipeg Chapter has over 200 active members whose membership dues and volunteer commitments fuel opportunities for neuroscience networking, outreach and education, led by the Manitoba Neuroscience Network. Benefits of membership include:
- Networking opportunities at events including the MNN Seminar Series and Annual Scientific Meeting.
- Opportunities to inform the public about the importance of neuroscience through a rich collection of outreach and service activities.
- Access to SFN Chapter funding opportunities, including chapter grants and awards and Trainee Professional Development Awards.
- Access to local MNN neuroscience awards.
- Access to create a detailed Scientist Profile for the MNN website (Regular members only).
- Discounted registration rates for the MNN Annual Scientific Meeting.
Become a SFN Winnipeg Chapter Member here.