The Manitoba Neuroscience Network (MNN) held its first Annual Scientific Meeting in 2010 to bring together researchers, clinicians, trainees, community stakeholders and affiliated supporters of neuroscience in the province of Manitoba. Since then, this meeting has grown to approximately 150-200 attendees. It has been 3-years since the last MNN Scientific Meeting, and it is our great pleasure to be once again holding the event back in-person! The 2023 MNN Scientific Meeting will take place at The Leaf, a beautiful new space within Assiniboine Park in Winnipeg, on June 23, 2023.
This year’s meeting aims to reconnect the Manitoba neuroscience community and showcase the remarkable neuroscience research taking place across this province. This conference will highlight the diversity of neuroscience research taking place in our own backyard, from synaptic plasticity to spinal cord repair, from neurogenetics to animal models of the brain and behaviour. Unique this year, trainees at the graduate and postdoctoral levels with have the opportunity to present both posters and oral presentations. This will be accompanied by faculty talks and a dedicated trainee poster session sponsored by the Stem Cell Network.
With multiple opportunities for networking, not to mention our Evening Social, the 2023 MNN Scientific Meeting is sure to excite your neurons!
2023 MNN Scientific Meeting Organizing Committee
- Benjamin Lindsey (Chair), Dpt. Human Anatomy & Cell Science, UM
- Galen Wright, Dpt. Pharmacology & Therapeutics, UM
- Robert Beattie, Dpt. Biochemistry & Medical Genetics, UM
- Paul Marcogliese, Dpt. Biochemistry & Medical Genetics, UM
- Jillian Stobart, College of Pharmacy, UM
- Jeremy Chopek, Dpt. Physiology & Pathophysiology, UM
- Byron Van Nest, Dpt. Biology, UM
- Henry Dunn, Dpt. Pharmacology & Therapeutics, UM
- Sanoji Wijanayake, Dpt. Biology University of Winnipeg, UW
All conference details, registration, and abstract submission can be found at the link below.FULL CONFERENCE DETAILS